slic3r --split input.stl
This will create input.stl_01.stl
etc. in the same directory.
This worked perfectly for me on a file created with OpenSCAD
containing different parts that I wanted to print individually with Cura Lulzbot Edition
. I found the info here
After some trial and error I was able to reliably print parts with nylon (618 from taulman 3D
) on my MakerBot Cupcake.
I used the following temperature settings:
- Extruder: 245°C
- Heated build platform: 60°C
I had a lot of trouble getting the prints to stick to the platform. Here is what works for me: 3M blue painter's tape, topped with a thin layer of glue from an UHU stick. I enable the "raft" option for all prints. The raft adheres very well to the blue tape covered with glue, so well that I have to replace the tape for each print.
I use ReplicatorG 0037 to control the printer and the integrated Skeinforge 35 to produce the gcode. Here is my custom profile to print Taulman 618 Nylon: SF35-cupcake-HBP-nylon.tar.gz
From Isaac Budmen
1. Heat the nozzle to 200C
2. Run Nylon filament through the extruder
3. With Nylon in the nozzle, reduce the temperature to 135C, and once there let it sit for a minute
4. Slowly but firmly work the filament out of the top of the extruder
This has worked very well for me a couple of times. Here is how the filament looks like when I take it out of the extruder (repeat steps 1-4 until it comes out clean):